February 12, 2018
Job Title: Programmer Analyst III – Informatica
Department: Data Engineering
Job Type: Full – Time
Experienced Data Engineer who can create and manage ETL processes to load data from various sources into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will participate in design, development, testing, execution and quality assurance of both automated and manual data integration and exchange processes. You will also develop and deliver POCs and implementation of projects from a hands-on approach.
Should be able to handle and solve challenges that come with large volumes of data and complex business rules. You will research, evaluate, architect, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build and develop sustainable Data Engineering solutions.
- Closely follows the direction set by delivery management and senior team members to achieve common goals. Assist senior team members in collecting client requirements; analyze requirements, configuration, testing and validation of the software application.
- Need to understand and translate client needs into business and technology solutions via documentation, analysis, design and/or development of best practice business changes.
- Act as liaison between senior consultants and client users to provide support, communications regarding project updates, preparation, data analysis, documentation and training.
- Develop requirements, perform data collection, cleansing, transformation and loading to populate facts and dimensions for data warehouse.
- Involve with performance tuning of SQL and understand the goals and risks associated with the business and technical requirements and offer counsel on risk mitigation and the alignment of data solution with objectives.
- Develop, validate and implement efficient ETL code for data integration layers such as data warehouse or data marts to deliver multiple project.
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration, data integrity and data quality.
- Provide production support for all ETL Processes.
- Maintain and manage technical metadata and documentation for data warehousing and ETL processes.
- Be a team player, able to work with minimal supervision yet also should be able to collaborate with local, remote teams with multiple departments.
- Good at interfacing with the client on a professional and consultative level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Analysis, design, development and implementation of new data engineering requirements and providing estimates to support timelines and deliverables
- Have worked in Agile, Waterfall and Scrum environment.
- Install, configure Informatica Power Center version 10.x, 9.x product Suites including Power Center, IDQ, MDM, Version Control, Scheduler etc.
- Administer the Informatica Server, databases, node and domain configuration, security and authentication etc.
- Provide analytical experience to support transitioning data architecture in a legacy and service oriented environment.
- Design Data Marts and Data Warehouse using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema in implementing Decision Support Systems.
- Develop robust and high-performing ETL mappings and workflows using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Troubleshoot data access performance and performance optimization.
- Have ETL performance-tuning skills and the ability to analyze and optimize production volumes and batch schedules.
- Develop ETL and datawarehouse process from diverse data sources and databases.
- Develop workflows with Informatica Power Exchange and ability to schedule using Control-M (or similar job scheduling Autosys).
- Perform regression testing and stored procedure development.
- Experience in various operating systems such as Windows, UNIX/Linux.
- Must have a flexible attitude and be able to comfortably accommodate change.
- Excellent problem solver, able to assimilate information quickly.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.