February 4, 2018
Job Title: Programmer Analyst V – SSIS, SQL Server
Department: Data Engineering
Job Type: Full – Time
Experienced ETL engineer who can support our data engineering needs by designing, developing, and deploying data migration pipelines using SSIS and SQL Server. You will research, evaluate, architect, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build and develop sustainable data engineering solutions.
- Closely follows the direction set by delivery management and senior team members to achieve common goals. Assist senior team members in collecting client requirements; analyze requirements, configuration, testing and validation of the software application.
- Need to understand and translate client needs into business and technology solutions via documentation, analysis, design and/or development of best practice business changes.
- Act as liaison between senior consultants and client users to provide support, communications regarding project updates, preparation, data analysis, documentation and training.
- Implements user access controls and data security measures where appropriate.
- Anticipates opportunities for improvement; outlines and identifies alternate solutions and presents to management for final approval and implementation
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results
- Assists with design and architecting efforts including low and high fidelity wireframes and mockups prior to report or dashboard development
- Creates and maintains documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Learn and support of technology implementations from a technical perspective including data cleansing, conversions, specifications documentation, systems configuration and testing tasks.
- Be a team player, able to work with minimal supervision yet also should be able to collaborate with local, remote teams with multiple departments.
- Good at interfacing with the client on a professional and consultative level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Working experience with SQL Server Integration Services 2008/2012/2016
- Implementation of SSIS Workflows for maintaining and processing data warehouse tables
- Creation of SSIS packages that extracts data from multiple types of data sources including but not limited to flat files (csv, ragged right, delimited), Excel, ODBC, OLEDB and XML types.
- Implementation of Troubleshooting and Error Handling mechanisms with-in SSIS
- Development of dynamic package and solution level configurations for different environments (DEV, CERT and PROD).
- Implementation of auditing and monitoring mechanisms using SSIS
- Creation of data migration pipelines with schedules using SQL Server Agent
- Use of data flow transformations for handling complex data massaging and processing logic
- Administration of SQL Server database activities using control flow tasks
- Working knowledge on Data Warehouse implementation concepts
- Expertise in data modeling techniques such as star and snow-flake dimensional modeling.
- Ability to build SSIS packages for full, incremental and differential data loads and other CRUD operations
- Assisting DBA and deployment teams with deployment related activities such as version control on SQL Server objects, change record creation, documentation, performance improvement and support tasks.
- Ability to work with business users to translate business requirements into business rules for data modeling, ETL rules, test case development, verification and validation of results.
- Creation of test cases for unit testing, performance testing and integration testing
- Implementation of best practices and coding standards for ETL
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.